Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bird-Themed


 So I have been busy with lots of art-directed swaps! Here are my ATCs, most of them with a zentangle prompt. Notice how I am learning: I've begun to allow the patterns to be their own barriers and not add artificial border lines. Some are more successful than others.


 This ATC on the top is one I am very proud of. It has a title: "Fibonacci's Tangle." I was inspired by my boyfriend's newest tattoo idea. The rose compass ouroborus also began as another of his tattoo ideas. Though that one I took more liberties with. :) The swap specifications required the use of a gel pen, at which point I both remembered how fun they could be and realized that none of mine really worked anymore and the ones that did work, did so badly.














The ACT that is odd-tangled-out, as it were, is part of a series of bird-themed mail art that I created. The first envelope shown is merely supposed to be doodled while the rest are similarly bird-themed. I went on a supplies-buying spree yesterday and part of what I bought was this funky shopping-list style pad of paper. It has turned out to be most useful. And I cannot claim either of those types of bird images. Though I have taken them out of their original context and altered them somewhat, their original forms can be found while meandering about Google or Pinterest. The idea of the almost tribal/abstracted bird paired with ginko leaves is my own invention, and I still find it rather fascinating.
Keep a lookout for that motif repeating itself!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment