Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stencil Spray

I was trying to distract Jeff from making me go to the Blue (which happened anyway) with some spray painting. I wouldn't say anything that came out of that was "art," but it has gotten me interested in stencils. I went on a cutting kick. Besides the two folders I did with Eliza's paint, I've yet to see how they work out. I need to buy some paint. There is a lot of wonderful spray paint art out there. Combine that with my interest in graffiti and this could well be an art form I could get into. I'll have to explore it some--when/if I can find the time!
Thinking in stencils is a lot like printmaking.....takes a sec to be able to think in positive/negative shapes instead of just lines. And sometimes I still go too detailed....







I was told to make a "high vegetable"


No comments:

Post a Comment