Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Candy Land


So my little brother and I concocted a present for my mother--a personalized Candy Land! We spent a good solid two days working on it and were both pretty sick of it by the end. But, I think we came up with some good  locations/ideas. I had to tell myself to let go at some points and let him do his thing--it was a joint creation after all. It was okay that he did it his way. Mostly.
I figured out a fun way to draw trees that I really enjoy!
Colored pencil for the pictures, colored paper for the squares, acrylic paint for the background, packing tape to laminate it, duct tape to cover the outside, cord velcro holders to keep it closed, washers and nuts and bolts for the game pieces, model paint to cover them, old file folders for the box and cards, trading card slips to cover the cards.
The velcro was my dad's idea. ^^
So the object is to get from our house to our cabin, and then back again. A few times playing it through shows that this produces the best game. *nod* The colors make it easy so any age can play! And the dots are forever infuriating.

Gummy Book Worm

Sharkey's Heath Bar

Fort Hershey

Peppermint Park

Grandma's Gingerbread House

Sugar Rush shortcut

Candy Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment