Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Dress


So here's part I of my dress! I want to do a double ribbon pull in the front where right here I just have it pinned. Then I'll have big bows. Just after this picture I got to borrow a hat from the Kirkman House, which was awesome. But I won't be able to do that again, so I need to think of something for my head.

I think the most challenging part about this was the top. I made the black bits according to a jacket pattern and then cut out the front piece and changed the sleeves. If I were to do this over (which I definitely don't want to!) I would make the chest piece thinner and longer and I would make the bottom of the sleeves longer. I also don't know if I would line it. That seemed to eat up a lot of time and effort.


Here's my original design sketch. I think I want to try and make this top again. The linework I did do on the dress, but just as a sewing texture. With black, it doesn't show up too well. It might be fun to do that with piping. Around the front too. And less lace! Larger bell sleeves....

Anyhows, I think I did pretty well making my sketch a reality. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment